Tuesday, February 21, 2017

“Delight” {Mixed Media Art Journal}

Mixed Media delight

The focal thought for this page in my mixed media art journal is Psalm 37:4: “Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.” (ESV)

A cursory study of the commentaries on this verse leaves my head spinning. Those aside, for me, it’s all about the first part. My personal interpretation is that I want to find joy in serving God and being everything He wants me to be. If I make Him THE priority delight in my life, the “desires of my heart” part will follow. The “desires of my heart” may well change, after I delight myself in Him.

Perhaps the Bible scholars would not see it this way, but for me, this verse reminds me of Matthew 6:33: “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these [other] things will be added unto you.” (ESV)

#MixedMediaArtJournal #delight #acrylicpaint

No comments: