Saturday, July 14, 2012

12 Tags of 2012 July Tag and Minibook Page-FREEDOM

july tag c with border corrected

I have been [im]patiently awaiting the arrival of a Lady Liberty stamp, so that I could make the July tag. Yes, there would have been alternative ways to portray this theme, but I loved the way the fireworks looked behind the Lady, on Tim Holtz’s tag. It was really fun to splatter the alcohol inks on the glossy cardstock and then use the canned air to make a blast from the colors!

I also wanted to use this theme (freedom) for the Split Coast Stamper’s challenge for Bible Verse of the Month. So, once the tag was done, I was ready to use it on my minibook page. I am doing a 12-page minibook, with each page depicting a Scripture Verse for a month.

july scripture tag corrected b with border

I am using Tim Holtz’s 6x6 grungeboard book. Some years ago I stocked up on some Marine Corps paper and stickers (my husband was a Marine). That paper worked well for the background. I love the Movers and Shapers Old Glory die.

“It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.” Galatians 5:1


”So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” John 8:36

5 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

Now I love your tag Barbara, but when you put it with your scrap page it becomes even more special! So much texture on this and so well put together. Love it. Hugs, Buttons x

Scrappin' Stacy said...

Love your mini book page!

Kelly Booth said...

So Pretty...Love it! Thanks for Playing at IE!

Beverly Sager said...

I appreciate so much how you incorporate scripture into your art. And your art is beautiful!

Barbara said...

Thank you all for the encouragement. Beverly, wow, thank you!